🕒 50m 👤 6
Because we know you like Argentinian alfajores as much as us, in Easyrecipe.top we want to share with you the original recipe for the most emblematic dessert in South America. These alfajores are easier to make than most think, the most important thing is that you correctly respect the amounts of the ingredients and that you do not knead the dough, but that you integrate the flour with your hands.
You no longer have to wait for Christmas to come to eat delicious Argentine alfajores with caramel sauce, go ahead and make yours right now. Well come on, shall we begin? Yes of course!
For the cornstarch alfajores:
- 300 gr. cornstarch
- 150 gr. wheat flour
- 3 yolks egg
- 150 gr. of sugar
- 250 gr. butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
For the alfajores of chocolate:
- 50 gr. from chocolate to melt
- 300 gr. Of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 100 gr. icing sugar
- 150 gr. butter or margarine
- 3 egg yolks
For the filling:
- 1 dulce de leche
- 1 cup of coconut grated
Preparation of Argentine alfajores
- To make Argentine alfajores we must start by making some cornstarch alfajores. Preheat the oven to 180 ° and sift all the powdered ingredients: flour, cornstarch, baking powder and baking soda. Reservation.
- In a bowl mix the butter or margarine at room temperature with the sugar and beat until both ingredients are well integrated and a creamy mixture is formed. Then, add the egg yolks one by one and continue beating. Then add the lemon zest.
- Then you should pour the mixture from the bowl on a floured flat surface and gradually add the previously sifted powdered ingredients. Incorporate the flour into the mixture using your hands, but without kneading.
- The idea is to form a kind of wet sand, which will help us achieve that brittle texture of alfajores. Reserve the dough for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and place it back on the floured surface. With the help of a rolling pin, spread the dough until it is 1/2 cm thick.
- Cut circles of at least 4 cm in diameter, if you use a cookie cutter it will be much easier and the circles will all be the same size.
- Prepare a baking sheet and grease it with butter and a little flour. Add the dough circles and bake for 12 minutes or until you notice that the base of the circle begins to brown. Take the preparation out of the oven, let it cool and reserve.
- Now it is the turn to make the chocolate alfajores: Sift all the powdered ingredients and reserve. Then, in a bowl, add the previously grated chocolate and the powdered ingredients and mix.
- Add the egg yolks, the icing sugar and the melted butter one by one. Stir until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Let the chocolate alfajores dough rest for 12 minutes. Then, place it on a floured flat surface (for example a table) and with the help of the rolling pin, spread the dough until it reaches 1/2 cm thick.
- Cut circles of 4 cm in diameter and place them on a previously floured baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, then remove from the oven and let rest until cool.
- Now is the turn to assemble our Argentine alfajores! To do this, take a cornstarch alfajor and spread a little dulce de leche. Then, place a circle of chocolate gingerbread on top. When you have made your Argentine alfajor, apply a little more dulce de leche on the edges of both lids and sprinkle with grated coconut to taste.
- Repeat the procedure until all your Argentine alfajores are formed, serve on a tray and accompany with a hot cup of frothy coffee with milk. Enjoy!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Argentine alfajores recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Argentine alfajores recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Receta Alfajores de Maicena
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Argentine alfajores recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Argentine alfajores recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeArgentine alfajores recipe