🕒 25m 👤 4
Crispy and tasty, the baked arepas They are the ideal option when we want to prepare this dish for many people or when we are looking for an alternative to the traditional fried arepitas. And if you don’t know how to make them, you’re in luck, because at Easyrecipe.top we explain how to make them step by step.
Prepare some baked arepas of luxury and fill them with cheese, shredded meat, scrambled egg, cream, queen pepiada, or whatever you want! Sign up for this recipe and succeed in the kitchen.
Ingredients for 8 arepas (approx)
- 500 grams of precooked cornmeal
- A cup of milk
- A cup of water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
Preparation of the arepas in the oven
- Baked arepas are a great way to prepare this dish when we have little time or if we are looking for an alternative to fried arepas. To begin, the first thing you should do is turn the oven to 200 ºC so that it warms up while you prepare the dough.
- In a bowl, mix the water, milk, salt and butter and heat in the microwave for a couple of minutes to make the liquid warm and the salt and butter to dissolve properly.
- Remove from the microwave and stir well, then gradually add the precooked cornmeal while stirring with the help of a spoon so that the liquid and the flour mix.
- When it has taken shape, it is time to use your hands to knead. The dough of the arepas should be soft and manageable, if it is too liquid you will not be able to make the arepas, so you will have to add a little more flour.
- In the same way, it cannot be hard either, if when making a ball the dough cracks it is because it is very compact, so you will have to add more liquid to get it to its point. Once it’s manageable, let it sit for two minutes.
- Prepare an oven-safe tray and cover it with parchment paper to prevent the arepas from sticking. Then you will have to form medium-sized dough balls, which you will later have to crush using both hands to give the typical arepa shape. You can leave them about a centimeter thick.
- Go placing your arepas on the baking sheet and, once they are all, put them in the oven and let cook for 15 minutes at 200 ºC, until they are golden and crisp. Inside the oven, your arepas will bulge slightly, when this happens, turn them over so that they brown perfectly on both sides.
- Take out after 15 minutes or when they are golden brown. Your baked arepas are ready to eat! A simple and healthy recipe to prepare so that you can enjoy delicious arepas whenever you want.
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Baked arepas recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Baked arepas recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Arepas 101: How to Make Venezuelan Baked Arepas
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Baked arepas recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Baked arepas recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeArepas recipe to the oven