🕒 45m 👤 4
Do you fancy some delicious chicharrón arepas? You’re in luck, because in Easyrecipe.top We bring you the step by step so you can learn to prepare these crunchy arepas and triumph in the kitchen. Chicharrón arepas are a variant of the traditional arepas which owes its delicious flavor to small pieces of pork rind that are incorporated into the traditional dough and release all their flavor in it. One last!
These arepas can be filled with the outline of your preference, although a good piece of Guiana cheese will always be the best option. Meatloaf, stewed chicken, ham and reina pepiada are also perfect alternatives to taste this dish. Shall we cook these chicharrón arepas together? Let’s go there!
- 500 gr of corn flour
- 300 gr of pork rinds
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
Preparation of chicharrón arepas
- To prepare some delicious arepas de chicharrón, start by preheating the oven to 200 ° C. Then crush the pork rinds with the help of a mortar.
- Add the crushed pork rind to a frying pan with a little hot olive oil and cook over medium heat until the pork rind begins to release a little fat. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Add the milk and the tablespoon of butter to a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to melt the butter.
- Then add the water and the cornmeal in three parts, stirring with the help of a spoon to correctly integrate all the ingredients.
- When the dough has taken shape, it’s time to use your hands. Knead the dough using enveloping movements. If you notice that the dough is very runny, add a little more flour until you get the ideal consistency.
- If when kneading you notice that the dough is very rough, add a little more water and continue kneading until you have a smooth and compact mixture. Then add salt to taste, continue kneading to integrate.
- When you have the dough ready, add the pork rind with everything and the fat that was released in the pan. Integrate the pork rind and the dough well, kneading with your hands. Then let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Then begin to form the arepas de chicharrón by taking with your hands a medium ball, the size of the palm of your hands, and then flatten it to form a disk 1 centimeter thick.
- Assemble all the arepas until the mace is finished and place them on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 200 ° C.
- While the arepas are baking they will bulge, when you notice this, turn them over so that they brown on both sides.
- After time your chicharrón arepas will be ready to enjoy. Serve them warm and fill them with the contour of your choice. Enjoy your meal!
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Recipe of chicharron arepas
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Recipe of chicharron arepas. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Recipe for Arepas with Cracklings / Arepas de Chicharrón
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Recipe of chicharron arepas here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Recipe of chicharron arepas. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeArepas recipe cracklings