🕒 35m 👤 4
We know that traditional Venezuelan and Colombian arepas are made with precooked corn flour, but why not give them a different spin and make some delicious yucca arepas? And is that with this ingredient you can do much more than the classic fried yucca.
If you are a true lover of Latin flavors, you will love this recipe that we propose at Easyrecipe.top. Fill them with salty white cheese, with shredded chicken, with shredded meat or with parakeet, you will see how good they are! After trying them, you may become passionate about this creative version, ideal when you don’t have cornmeal on hand.
- 1 kilo of Yucca
Preparation of the yucca arepas
- Making yuca arepas is as easy as making traditional corn arepas, so if you are an avid “arepero” you will have no problem getting it.
- The first thing you should do is fill a pot with water and a little salt and bring it to a boil, as you will need to cook the yuca first before turning it into the dough for these creative arepas.
- While the water reaches the boiling point, wash and peel the yuca, then cut it into portions to bring to a boil. The smaller the pieces the faster it will be done.
- Gently place it in the water when it starts to boil and cook until soft. The time may vary depending on the size and thickness of the pieces. Once ready, drain it and let it cool a bit.
- When it is cooler, remove the strand from the middle and begin to grate the yuca using the side of the grater that gives you the finest pieces. Reserve in a container.
- Once grated, add about 3/4 cup of warm water, two tablespoons of butter (or whatever amount you prefer), and a pinch of salt to the container.
- Knead as you do with traditional arepas to form a compact and manageable dough but a little drier than corn. Make your yuca dough balls and give them the shape of arepa, which you will place on a plate as you make them.
- Add a little oil to a budare or frying pan and, once hot, place the arepas to brown them for 5 minutes on each side. As the yuca is already cooked, you will only need to add color and that crunchy touch that we like so much.
- If you wish, you can finish them for 5 minutes in a very hot oven at 220 ºC to make them even more crunchy. Serve these tasty yuca arepas with cheese, butter, egg, or whatever you want! You will see how they succeed at home.
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Yucca arepas recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Yucca arepas recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Arepas de Yuca | Tortillas de Yuca | Cassava Tortilla | Cassava Arepa
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Yucca arepas recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Yucca arepas recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeArepas recipe cassava