🕒 50m 👤 4
Are you looking for an arepas recipe that is different from the traditional corn ones? Then the banana arepas They are the perfect option: sweet, rich and with that unique flavor that only this ingredient can provide, you cannot miss them! Accompanied with salty white cheese they are the best way to start the day.
On Easyrecipe.top We teach you, step by step, how to make some finger-lickin ‘banana arepitas. What are you waiting to start?
- 2 ripe bananas with peel
- Half a cup of precooked cornmeal
- Half a cup of grated salted white cheese
- 2 butter spoons
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
Preparation of the plantain arepas
- This version of arepas is undoubtedly delicious, as well as being a great option for a complete breakfast. Start by washing the ripe bananas very well because you must cook them with their skin.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and, when it reaches the boiling point, add the bananas with their skin and let them cook until soft.
- Strain and cool for 10 minutes. Then peel the bananas taking care not to burn yourself, place them in a bowl and mash them with the help of a fork.
- Grate the white cheese and add it to the bowl where you have the bananas. Add the cornmeal, the previously melted butter and salt to taste in the same container, if you wish, also add the teaspoon of sugar.
- Then add warm water little by little until your dough is soft and manageable, to the ideal point to make the arepas. It is important that when you make the dough balls, it does not crack, a sign that it is hard; in that case it is convenient to add a little water to soften it.
- Add a little oil to a frying pan or budare and place it on low heat. While it is heating, shape your banana arepas with the thickness of your preference, place them on the fire and cook for 5 minutes on each side, turning them several times until they are golden brown.
- If you want to give it an even crunchier touch, you can put them in the oven for 5 or 10 minutes at 200 ºC. Once ready, fill them with salty white cheese, butter, scrambled egg, or whatever you prefer! You will see that they are delicious anyway.
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Recipe of plantain arepas
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Recipe of plantain arepas. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Arepas de Plátano en 20 Minutos | El de las trufas
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Recipe of plantain arepas here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Recipe of plantain arepas. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeArepas recipe banana