🕒 120m 👤 4
The Andalusian chickpea stew It is a very popular dish, not only in this autonomous community but throughout Spain. It is the ideal preparation for cold days when we want something warm and comforting, and they are also very easy to make!
This preparation takes time, however if you use a pressure cooker or express you will be able to significantly reduce the cooking time, being able to serve them much faster. Attentive to our preparation, because in Easyrecipe.top We reveal the step by step for a yummy chickpea stew.
- 500 gr. from chickpeas
- 50 gr. chopped chorizo
- 50 gr. black pudding
- 1 onion
- 1 tooth of Garlic
- ½ kg. pork
- two potatoes
- 1 glass of White wine
- 1 Red pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Olive oil
Preparation of the Andalusian chickpea stew
- Soak the chickpeas the day before with a little salt to soften them. If you bought them quick cook, then skip this step.
- Peel and chop the onion into very small pieces, also chop the red pepper into strips and the well-minced chorizo.
- Add these chopped ingredients, along with the pork and the two bay leaves to a pot with a good drizzle of oil, bring to medium heat so that they begin to brown.
- After 10 minutes, add the chickpeas, salt to taste and stir well. Add the glass of wine, turn up the heat and wait until it is consumed a little. Then cover with water and wait until it boils.
- When it reaches the boiling point, reduce the heat, add the unpeeled garlic clove, add salt to it and remove the foam that is forming in the broth. Cook for 70 minutes over low heat, remember that chickpeas need time to soften.
- After that time, add the blood sausage and the chopped chorizo and cook all together for 5 minutes.
- Peel, wash and cut the potatoes into wedges. Add them to the preparation and cook for 15 more minutes at a low temperature. Taste the chickpeas and if they are tender, turn off the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving your Andalusian chickpea stew. In the event that it is undercooked, leave a few more minutes.
- If you want to reduce the cooking time of this recipe, the ideal is to use a pressure cooker. Once you brown the meat, add the chickpeas, cover the pot and uncover when the valve prompts, to continue cooking the blood sausage, chorizo and potatoes as we have explained.
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Andalusian chickpeas stew recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Andalusian chickpeas stew recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Spanish Chickpea Stew | A Timeless Spanish Dish
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Andalusian chickpeas stew recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Andalusian chickpeas stew recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeAndalusian stew recipe chickpeas