🕒 4h 👤 6
Have you ever tried the typical Andalusian chickpea stew? It is a delicious variant of this traditional dish that you are sure to love and that, in addition, is perfect for cold days when you want to have something warm and full of flavor. With this preparation that we propose below in Easyrecipe.top It will come out to suck your fingers. Try it for yourself!
Are you afraid of ending up hating this recipe? Do not worry! If you are one of those who love to eat soups and spoon dishes in winter, you no longer have to worry. In our recipe book you will find dishes as rich as Mountain stew or the lebaniego stew typical of Cantabria. You are sure to love them too!
With that said, do we start with our Andalusian chickpea stew from today? Let’s go there!
- 500 gr. from chickpeas
- 300 gr. pork or hock meat
- 1 fresh chorizo
- 1 fresh blood sausage
- 1 piece of fresh bacon of 200 gr.
- one onion
- 2 teaspoons of sweet paprika
- 4 potatoes
- 1 bunch of chard fresh
- Olive oil
Preparation of the Andalusian chickpea stew
- The first thing you should do is soak the chickpeas in a large glass container the night before preparing the stew. Add a pinch of salt to hydrate them better and leave them there for at least eight hours.
- The next day, peel the onion and chop it as small as you can. Also peel the potatoes, rinse them and cut them into four parts. Rinse the chard and cut it side to side into two-centimeter-wide strips. Reserve all of these vegetables.
- Now wash the meat from the stew and place it in a pot with the blood sausage and the chorizo. Cover everything with cold water until there is only an inch of free left on the top of the container.
- Heat the water over high heat and once it starts to boil, add the drained chickpeas. Let it cook together until a foam begins to form on top of the broth. This will appear after ten minutes of cooking and you have to remove it as it comes out with a slotted spoon.
- While you remove the foam from the stew, you can take the opportunity to poach the chopped onion in a pan with a little olive oil. As soon as five minutes have passed, remove it from the heat and add the paprika. Stir everything so that the paprika integrates well with the onion.
- Now add this onion sauce to the pot and add a pinch of salt. If the pot is a pressure cooker, put the valve and once it starts to turn, wait half an hour with the heat at medium power. In the case of a conventional pot, wait for the chickpeas to soften, which may take about three hours.
- As soon as all the previous ingredients are ready you will have to remove the chorizo, blood sausage and bacon. Reserve it all because then we will put it back.
- Now add the potatoes, chard and a pinch of salt to the pot and cover. If it is under pressure, put it at that point again and let it cook, keeping the heat at medium power for about 20 more minutes after the valve begins to turn. If it is a normal pot, leave it all for 40 minutes on the fire.
- After this time you will have all the ingredients ready. Turn off the heat, put the meat back in the pot, mix everything and serve this exquisite Andalusian chickpea stew. If you do it this way the flavor of all the ingredients will mix better. Take advantage!
Tips and Recommendations
- When you open the pot to add the vegetables, you can take the opportunity to add some more water if your stew is a bit dry. To avoid losing flavor, add a piece of a meat stock cube if you wish.
Did you like this recipe?
Other alternatives that you will love
Cooking recipe video of Andalusian chickpeas stew recipe
Follow here the step by step video guide of how to cook Andalusian chickpeas stew recipe. Watch this video recipe and enjoy cooking at home this delicious recipes.
Spanish Spinach and Chickpeas – Espinacas con Garbanzos Recipe
Enjoy leaning how to cook more recipes like Andalusian chickpeas stew recipe here
Learn how to cook every dish you wish and be the perfect host for your guest not only cooking Andalusian chickpeas stew recipe. Give use to your kitchen, kitchen tools and kitchen robot with all professional chef recipes and easy amateur recipes we give you for free in this cooking blog. Follow us in Facebook and be a master chef doesn’t matter if you cook your easy recipes at home in a gas or electric cooker, oven barbecue or oven. learn how to cook easy and fast recipes likeAndalusian recipe cooked chickpeas